Alage help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machotaco

Aquarium Advice Freak
Guys I've got some alage problems, tomorrow I'm going to do a 25% water change and reduce the lighting. Is there anything else I can do. Thanks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395634297.295820.jpg

All algaes are cuased by different factors in the tank. Get some pictures of the algaes you have so we can identify them, or post what they are if you know and people can give youcan better advice on how to get rid of the. :)

Also besides posting a picture of the algae some other info would be helpful. What light and bulbs are you using and how many hours daily are you running them? Are you using any liquid carbon? Are you using any ferts, and if so which ones? What is you nitrate and phosphate level? What is the tanks stock? What is you WC schedule and how much do you change out each time?

Also besides posting a picture of the algae some other info would be helpful. What light and bulbs are you using and how many hours daily are you running them? Are you using any liquid carbon? Are you using any ferts, and if so which ones? What is you nitrate and phosphate level? What is the tanks stock? What is you WC schedule and how much do you change out each time?

Ok let's see, my light is a t5 12" high output bulb. And I have been running them for 10 hrs but now it's changing to 8. No liquid carbon but the rock like stuff. I used some flourish multi fert once, last week but didn't want to do it again. I do not know my nitrate or phosphate levels, I don't have a kit. I used to do 25% every 2-3 weeks, but lately I've been doing 25% weekly.

Back
Top Bottom