algae issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lurker79

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am still relatively new to planted tanks and was fortunate enough to get one that was already very well planted. I now have issues with multiple types of algae. First of all I also believe I have columnaris in the same tank and it is pretty nasty. I have lost 11 fish in 3 days and have a thread in unhealthy fish for that. As far as the tank in concerned. It is a 90g I have 2 65w 6700 T5 bulbs and a fluval fx5. I was leaving the lights on for 8-9 hours a day but I cut that back almost a month ago to about 6. I use flourish and api co2 booster currently but I am trying to find a better balance because some of the plants aren't looking as healthy as I would like them. I think the two types of algae that I have are beard and gsa. The gsa is pretty mild for now and the nerites are eating it, but the beard is trying to take over and nothing that I have eats it. I was looking for SAE's but I can't add them right now anyway with the columnaris. Can anyone tell me if this is beard algae and if there is anything I can do about it?
88527-albums13773-picture66328.jpg

I don't know why this picture looks so bad, it didn't look that way before I uploaded it.

Back
Top Bottom