Algae on anubias and amazon sword leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I_am_a_fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to this forum and kind of a planted tank beginner. My anubias and amazon swords have this algae on their leaves that is kind of hairy and I am wondering if it harms or kills the plants. I also don't like the look of it so how do I remove it without uprooting the plants or damaging their leaves.

My tank is a 36 gal bow with 2 20 watt t12
The ph is around 7
I dose flourish comp once a week after I do the water change
I don't have the other testing stuff atm
One regular old goldfish for testing water before getting real fish combo
Tank running for half a year
And miracle gro as substrate
Low tank with no co2

Here's some pics of the algae:

Edit- how do I post pics still new

How many hours do you have your lights on? Is the tank exposed to any other light, natural or otherwise?

My lights are from 1pm to 9 pm so 8 hrs a day. I guess there is a little bit of natural light because their is a window right on the side of it and a window behind it which is not very close. Thanks for reply.

K I'll do and also one more thing how do I add pics to a post if you know.
Thanks

Go advanced, manage attachments near the bottom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yup I see the picture. To me that looks like hair algae of some sort. It is bad for the plants and you should try to wipe it off. I'm guessing it's the natural light. Sunlight is very good at growing algae. Try dosing seachem excel. If you already are dose more of it. You can even turn off the filters and spray a few milliliters on the affected leaves, let sit for 20 minutes. And then turn filters back on. This should kill some algae.

Back
Top Bottom