Algae on plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobo8

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have this gross algae on my valisnera I don't know how to get rid of it. Doesnt want to come off. Here's a pic

Oops here's the pic

Attachments

• image-3188685376.jpg
    image-3188685376.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 62
36 gallon tank is less than six months but I transferred from a 20 and kept gravel and filter so technically around 2 years if you count that. Parameters
Nitrate 10-20
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
And I have a full spectrum daylight usually do around 12 hours of light no timer so I just turn of at night.

Some otos would be in heaven in that tank. That was an easy solution for my algae problems...

Bobo8 said:
Oops here's the pic

Bloody hair algae, driving me mad as well. I've 2 weeks into a course of Interpet hair algae remover and I've noticed it's stopped growing, though I have cut back back lighting, ferts and feeding as well so it could helping also. I have 4 oto's in my tank and they go no where near it, my Rainbow cichlid seems to eat occasionally though.

Amano shrimp! My tank used to be COVED in algae. 5 amano shrimp and it was gone in less than 3 days. They are magic!

Back
Top Bottom