Algae on substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandoborg

Aquarium Advice Activist
My CO2 system went down for a couple of weeks while I waited for a new valve to arrive. I've noticed that there are a ton of little algae 'balls' for lack of a better term, all over my substrate, about the size of a q-tip . There also is a lot more algae growing on my plants right now. My question is, how do i clean up that substrate ? I vaccumed once, and they came right back........ Could the lack of CO2 be causing it ?? It's getting rather ugly . The valve should be in anyday so i'll have the system up and running again.

Also, can anyone reccomend something that will dine on the algae ?? I have a Pleco and a spotted catfish, but they don't seem to do much work !!

Jim

I have a similar thing going on in my tank and they look like BBA. A single, round tuft of bluish fluffy growth on a single piece of gravel (grain of EcoComplete). My CO2 has been running fine. I plan in siphoning these out on my next WC. My MTS munch on them a bit but not having an effect on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom