Algae or plant dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys wondering if my micro sword grass is dying

Attachments

• 1399766514166.jpg
    1399766514166.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 1399766542618.jpg
    1399766542618.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 98
Also on my anubia nana but not too worried about that one its growing like crazy

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1399766604919.jpg
    1399766604919.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 85
And for tank stats im using a two bulb t5ho at 78 watts on a 40g also dosing pps pro without nitrayes and mag o and dosing 10mml of metricide

Just not sure if its just acclimating since I changed the substrate or what its been two month's

Can't really see much in the 1st pic with the Micro Swords but can tell you they do much better when they get root tabs. The Anubia is covered in Green Spot Algae. What is your Phosphate reading? Is the Anubia in a shaded area or out where it gets a lot of light? You also have a lot of light over a shallow tank which can cause algae issues if it's run too long daily and your not using CO2 or high dosing liquid carbon. Unless you have delicate shrimp you need to slowly increase you liquid carbon dosing up to about 1ml for every 1 or 2 gallons daily along with running lighting only 6 hours daily. The rule is the higher the lighting the shorter the photoperiod if you don't want algae issues. What other plants do you have in the tank? Micro swords and anubia's don't need high light. Also what is your nitrate reading?

Hmm wasnt aware I had highlight thought I had med but anyway the anubia is in the open on a piece of driftwood my nitrates are about 20 if not less test comes out orange I will try dosing heavier with the carbon

I believe ive had the lights on too long as well =\ at 9 hours daily. I currently have 4 amazon sword, 3 bronze wendtii, 1 crinium calamastratum, and the anubia nana. I've also been a tad lazy with the phosphate kit and havent picked it up I'll go do that today

I was wondering why the grass wasnt doin so well but the anubia and crinium were growing like crazy since theyre supposed to be the slow growers and my amazon sword grew real fast for a while then slowed down immensely not sure why they dont have algae on them

Ok my phosphates are at 1 or 2 (colors are almost the same)

Back
Top Bottom