Algae Problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep in mind that some algae in an aquarium is perfectly natural. All tanks will require a level of cleaning, and removal of algae.

Sometimes its hard to see all of the pictures online of picture perfect tanks, green plants, no algae and then look at your tank and see a couple of yellow leaves and a little algae, however; Ill make you one guarantee.... the pictures you are seeing are all taken right after a good cleaning.

I think I have a very healthy, medium-high light tank, with pressurized CO2 and a rigourous fert schedule... and every week when I am changing the water I am cleaning a bit of algae off the glass.

Just something to consider.

Yes -- all very true. My tank is by no means algae free, so I hope I did not leave that impression. The key is to just balance the factors that influence algae growth so that you can minimize it. I have one of those magnetic algae scraper deals, and I use it generally 1-2 times per week. I also clean the algae off my slower growing plants like anubias generally once a month.

Back
Top Bottom