Algae that does not die [emoji23]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone out there know of a type of algae that does not die by excel nor h2o2, I removed all my wood yesterday, removed as much of this tough filament algae as I could by hand and direct dosed the algae with full strength excel let sit 15 min, rinsed and then did h2o2 directly after, as well as letting it sit 15 min, looked today and this crap is just laughing at me [emoji23][emoji23].

Its definitely not UG. UG is a type of blatterwort and is very easy to tear. It also doesn't grow anything like that. My guess is staghorn algae.

Its definitely not UG. UG is a type of blatterwort and is very easy to tear. It also doesn't grow anything like that. My guess is staghorn algae.
Well it's super staghorn then cause h202 nor excel treated at full strength killed it, didn't even budge it. [emoji23][emoji23]

I get that exact same stuff in my local reservoir in the hot summer months. Pisses me off when it gets stuck in my trolling motor.

I get that exact same stuff in my local reservoir in the hot summer months. Pisses me off when it gets stuck in my trolling motor.
Lol it's so dang annoying, I've tried everything [emoji23][emoji23]

I just won a battle with hair algae in my 75 gallon planted tank. What I did was dosed it with hydrogen peroxide. (I’m not sure if that’s advisable, just saying what I did) About 1/4 of a cup. It pretty much cleared up after 48 hours. There’s still a tad bit left but not as bad as before I dosed it. (It was entirely covered with hair algae)

I spot dose it with one of those baby medication tubes with the plunger

I kept mine in. But with the water volume I have, my dosing is pretty small to affect the the fish or the snail.

Back
Top Bottom