Alien or prehistoric looking freshwater plants, sponges or bryozoan for an aqarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shushi_boi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

This is my first time in these forums, but just out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried to make a freshwater tank look like a strange alien environment or prehistoric looking? I plan on doing this with some trilobite looking organisms like triops, some freshwater sponges like spongilla, and I'll try to see if I could get Cristatella mucedo/Cordylophora caspia (or both, because they look strange).

I will add some fakes that look like Crinoids sea lilies or other strange looking organisms, but I also wanted to make the environment in the tank as lively and interactive as possible as well. What are your guy's suggestions?
img_3321648_0_1bd500ed223d0988666035952bc230b8.jpg

I like the triops idea! You might want to run a second tank so you can breed them however as they aren't the most long lived species.

The scene almost isn't complete without dragonflies/damselflies whirring about. I don't know how you feel about bugs but the larvae are especially vicious piscavores and might be fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom