All fish acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nikhil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello.
I have a 20g tank with 2 Molly 2 guppy 2 platy & 5 neon tetras. I have around 20 Molly fry isolated & 8 guppy fry isolated in same tank. I use API kit & all the levels are near 0. I have been having ick problem with the tank so I bought API ick treatment & followed instructions & raised temperature to 82F after that all my fish have started getting really lethargic & not eating much. Neons in particular seem very slow & catfish seems extremely stable to the point that we think its dead. I also have extra aeration into my aquarium. Not understanding what's wrong. Any help?

I never had success with API Ich cure. Always killed fish for me... Not saying that will happen to you, but It did cure the ich from the ones that survived. 12 platies turned to 7 with no ich left. If it seems to be a problem, stop the treatment and try aquarisol, never had a problem with it and its easy to find

crank heat upto 86? All fish would be shocked right?

crank heat upto 86? All fish would be shocked right?

I am the first to tell you I am no expert, but I do know that the aquarium heaters raise the water temperature gradually so there is not a shock factor due to temperature change. That occurs when it is sudden. Also, someone recommended to add salt. Again, I am no expert and he/she probably meant to use aquarium salt with recommended dosages. Just in case you did not know I thought I would share what I have learned about salt. I have been told to only use aquarium salt as it is not iodized and to be careful with the dosage. The package should indicate how much to use per gallon.

Back
Top Bottom