Aluminum plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased a plant from a fish store called an aluminum plant. It has green leaves with white spots or white streaks in it. Does anyone have any info on this plant or does anyone know where I can find info on this plant. I just want to know if I have to do anything special. I purchased plant gro. It adds iron to the water to help plants grow. I also purchased an amazon sword. I'm sure they will both do well. Thanks!
Jim

Thanks for the info. I bought it from a reputable fish store. I'm surprised that they would sell something like that. I might just keep it and watch it closely. If it starts to die then I will just remove it immediately and just throw it out.

Yes I had one of those sitting in my window for awhile. It was very nice and survived quite well in a pot of dirt with an occasional water.

A lot of fish store employees just don't know anything about aquarium plants. The big store I generally go to has 1 employee in 7 that deal with fish who actually knows anything about plants. So if they get a shippment of plants they just dunk them in water and assume they are for aquariums. A lot of the blame should go to the plant wholesaler.

I read the article that Allivymar gave me and it says no. I am going to watch it closely and see what happens. If you want to read article the link is above. I will let you know what happens with the plant.

It's been about 2 days and I already see signs that it is dying. :x I am going to take the plant out. Oh well. I tried.

Back
Top Bottom