Am I benifiting from dosing Excel everyday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe5688

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 100g tank has Multiple swords, java ferns and micro swords. I currently have 2 36" fixtures that are 32 watts each and 2 54" fixtures that are 35w each. That brings me to 134w.

I've have a 500ml bottle of Flourish excel and i've been dosing 2 cap fulls everyday. 1 capful for every 50gs. Am i benifiting from dosing everyday like the bottle says or am i just wasting the bottle?

Thanks in advance :D

If your not using CO2 then yes your plants are benefiting from Excel b/c your adding a form of carbon that plants need to grow and would normally get from CO2. Especially if your running good lighting, the higher the lighting the more carbon your plants need and use.

It is important that you dose it every day as well. glutaraldehye's benefits to your plants is short lived. It disassociates rather quickly once added to the tank.

Long term, it would be much cheaper to pick up a pressurized CO2 system for a tank of that size.

I have a 125 and I dose every day. I use since life 2 for carbon dosing now but it will make a difference if you do. Keep it up and the plants will thank you!

Back
Top Bottom