Amazon plant help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codefox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, I'm new to trying to use live plants in a 55 gal tank so I'm hoping to get a little help here :) I actually have a few questions :

1) I really can't figure out what plants I should be getting for my Amazon biotope. Obviously Amazon swords but beyond that, I'm really struggling to find good information on what plants I want in my tank. Please note I'm trying to keep everything from Amazonia/SA so any suggestions would be very helpful1

2) My filtration consists of a H.O.T. Magnum and a Penguin 200B. I've been reading a little bit and seen that having the Penguin may remove CO2 from the water which I assume is bad for the plants. My tank is theoretically going to be pretty heavily planted...so what is the best way to introduce more CO2 into the water and what sort of levels am I looking for?

ahhh...just another thought...since the "true" SA/CA varities are somewhat limited, some of us have "cheated" just a little by adding some ummm...african and asian plants to the theme. (y)

Thanks guys, I think I may have to 'cheat' a little if I find myself too limited by what's definately natural to the environment.

Back
Top Bottom