Amazon Sword and Anubias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtez

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm just about to go pick up one or 2 amazon swords, what do I need to know about how to plant these? I know they are root feeders, and I have a half dirted tank so these will clearly go on the dirted half. Do i just push them into the gravel and cover the bottom a little?

Also if I begin to grow anubias on a rock, will it be easy to move it onto DW once i put that in my tank or will it get firmly attached to the rock pretty quickly?

Trim the roots of the amazon sword down until they are about 2 inches or so long then gently push them deep into the substrate. Pack the substrate around the plant lightly then you can pull the plant up until the crown is showing to set the roots where they should be. They should still need root tabs even though your tank is dirted.

It shouldn't be terribly difficult to attach the anubias to something else after it's established.

It could possibly kill the leaves touching it but I don't know. I haven't ever had plants in close contact with a heater before.

Back
Top Bottom