Amazon Sword struggling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 5.5gal planted tank with 3 guppies, 3 tetras and 2 oto cats. My problem is with my Amazon sword. In the last few days I have noticed that the leaves are getting covered with a green algae and they are also drooping. All my levels are at accectable levels. CO2 is pumping out plenty of bubbles. 2watts per gallon of PC lighting. Any ideas on what I can do to bring some life back into the plant.

PS. all my other plants are thriving.

Edit: Thinking of Brazil..oops. actually a amazon sword

Swords are heavy root feeders, do you have any fertilizer in the substrate?

sword plants pretty much continually grow new leaves from the center of the plant, and the older one,stowards the outside die off. Is there any new growth coming in at all?

2 wpg is a bit dim for swords, but it should survive and grow slowly, higher light it would grow faster.

There is a fertilizer in the substrate(not sure what-friend set up tank). I am not noticing any new growths but I will take a closer look at the inside when I get home. thanks

Substrate might be too shallow, also. BTW, if it does perk up it is probably going to get too big for a 5.5gal - just something to keep in mind.

I'll keep an eye on things. I am in the process of putting a 90gal together(very slow process). So maybe I can transfer the Sword there when it's ready. Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom