Ammonia spike algae bloom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can run one on one of the canisters or get a splitter and have the co2 exit through both filters. As long as it is mixing well and distributed all over the tank you should have no problems.

I haven't cleaned the diffuser yet so i can't say. It's been running for a good while and I haven't seen a slow in co2 delivery. I'll let you know when I clean it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Updating again, GSA is definitely gone for good since upping phosphates to 3x more dose. BBA seems to be still growing in my moss and has spread abit to my carpeting plants. I've trimmed all my carpet back to get rid of it and I've been zapping the moss daily with excel. Some BBA is turning white so hopefully the rest will follow. Still have a huge issue of brown hair algae though and the only method i can think of is more co2. Getting my co2 tank tomorrow and hopefully ordering my regulator next week if I can find one!

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Updating again, GSA is definitely gone for good since upping phosphates to 3x more dose. BBA seems to be still growing in my moss and has spread abit to my carpeting plants. I've trimmed all my carpet back to get rid of it and I've been zapping the moss daily with excel. Some BBA is turning white so hopefully the rest will follow. Still have a huge issue of brown hair algae though and the only method i can think of is more co2. Getting my co2 tank tomorrow and hopefully ordering my regulator next week if I can find one!

Co2 will sort that out. Make sure you have good flow around the tank but be careful with the co2. Don't leave the house the day you try to settle on a bubble rate. You need to be there to observe your fish.

Co2 will sort that out. Make sure you have good flow around the tank but be careful with the co2. Don't leave the house the day you try to settle on a bubble rate. You need to be there to observe your fish.

Shouldn't be an issue as I spend a lot of time staring at the tank haha :)

Caliban has a good point. On an average day I may spend 2-3 minutes tops with my tanks. One time I made an adjustment to the bubble count and I observed it for 10 minutes. I left for work and when I got home that evening almost all of the fish or gasping at the surface. Bubble count was at least twice what I set it at. I lost my school of Furcata forktail rainbows that week. I usually make any adjustments (usually after changing a tank or diffuser) on the weekends or days that I know I will be home. This might not be an issue with the higher end regulators.

Back
Top Bottom