Anacharis opinion please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philly33

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've decided to let my Anacharis grow to extreme lengths. I'm kinda liking the look but curious how much light it will block and nutrients it will absorb.

Any thoughts on the appearance?

Attachments

• image-1976445003.jpg
    image-1976445003.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 208
  • image-2443540156.jpg
    image-2443540156.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 171
  • image-2881938258.jpg
    image-2881938258.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 179
I'm kind of jealous ... I'm hoping once I get updated lights my anarcharis will grow to those lengths so they can add some surface cover. Looks like your tank is still getting plenty of light, you could probably let them grow a bit longer.

I know anarcharis is a nitrate sponge with is really the main nutrient I hear it soaks up.

Very nice and beautiful tank. I wish my anachris would grow like this, sadly it grows a little and my platies pick at it and tear it up about once a day.

Iit's been growing .5" a day and I have 9 platys that don't harm my plants. They only nip the dying branches of my water sprite. I keep platys so they reproduce for my needlenose gar. Funny thing is the gar doesn't go after my 5 Otos.

Iit's been growing .5" a day and I have 9 platys that don't harm my plants. They only nip the dying branches of my water sprite. I keep platys so they reproduce for my needlenose gar. Funny thing is the gar doesn't go after my 5 Otos.
Cool! That stuff grows fast! You must have a pretty intense light.

48" marineland reef capable led and 48" single bulb t5ho 6500k. No co2 but I dose carbon and ferts. Brightwell products so my vals and anacharis won't melt.

48" marineland reef capable led and 48" single bulb t5ho 6500k. No co2 but I dose carbon and ferts. Brightwell products so my vals and anacharis won't melt.

How much did it cost ( if its not too personal) and where did you get it? I need me some of them!!!

I've decided to let my Anacharis grow to extreme lengths. I'm kinda liking the look but curious how much light it will block and nutrients it will absorb.

Any thoughts on the appearance?
thats looks fantastic

Back
Top Bottom