Anachris help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adammorrill

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, i just bought 2 bunches of anachris and i planted them in my 55 gallon tank. First of all my tank just has the light that came with the kit so its not that good and im hoping the anachris will just live, it doesnt have to grow. My question is i planted it pretty much right under the filter, so the water that comes out of it makes the anachris stems and leaves move and i was wondering if this was ok or will it eventually make the stems brake?
Thanks

The stems will not break, but the force of the water flow may uproot the plant from the gravel. Ananachris seem to uproot easily and float to the top of the tank.

gmanova said:
The stems will not break, but the force of the water flow may uproot the plant from the gravel. Ananachris seem to uproot easily and float to the top of the tank.

Yeah it really does I have floating pieces of ananachris allover the top of my planted tank oh and if they do have enough light they will definitely grow a lot lol

I would put some of the plants in a quiet zone (no agitation)! Seems some of my fish like to hide in it and rest and sleep!

gmanova said:
I would put some of the plants in a quiet zone (no agitation)! Seems some of my fish like to hide in it and rest and sleep!

Very true my shrimp and betta are always there lol and neons at night

thanks guys and do you like my anarchis will stay alive with only the lights that came with my aquarium kit

adammorrill said:
thanks guys and do you like my anarchis will stay alive with only the lights that came with my aquarium kit

I think so their pretty sturdy plants but when I switched to 6500k they seemed greener but they'll definitely live

I think so their pretty sturdy plants but when I switched to 6500k they seemed greener but they'll definitely live

I second this, anacharis is a very hardy plant, but when I had mine under stock aquarium lighting it was very dark in color, and after pruning and changing to a 6500K light it is very bright green and overall nicer to look at :D

Back
Top Bottom