Anchoring down plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_fish_man

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
I have a 72 Gallon aquarium with 5 fish the first one is a
Chiclid oscar
top fin
pleco
red snook
black ghost knife
And i have had some seaweed before and amazingly the oscar didn't even touch it. But the top fin kept digging it up. So anybody know how to anchor it down without using the metal ties?
Thanks

That's one crowded aquarium.

Is there a reason you don't want to use the lead strips? They work great. I'll attach a split-shot fishing weight to the lead strip if the strip isn't heavy enough to sink the plants.

Other than the lead, you could try potting your plants in the raw clay pots and putting the pots in the aquarium.

Depnds on what species you're tring to grow. Stem plants are notoriously hard to get down and hold still in a busy tank. I would go with what Jim said and pot them individually. For rooted plants just plant them in the substrate and surround the base with slate and large pebbles.

You could also try growing java fern and anubias.

K thanks I will try the ties and also would you use the ties for some java moss I cant figure out how to keep them from getting sucked in the filter but I dont want this hideous medal things visible. Any idea
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom