Angel vs Monto Carlo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ktownmatt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last week I ordered some Monte Carlo, and planted it in my Fluval Plant Statum substrate.
My Angel fish constantly pulls it all up, before it can get a chance to take root.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this?

I’ve seen some people use screens to give small carpeting plants a chance to grow. This may or may not work but the best suggestion I can think of for you to try. Good luck! Fish can be jerks when it comes to plants I used to have chichlids and I could hardly keep anything with those guys. Lol

Thanks. I don't really want to try a screen, at the moment it's all planted in a curve and among other plants.
I guess i'll just keep pulling it off the filter intake and replanting it. Eventually, something will take root and succeed.
:)

You can build a screen around the plant so that it gets water flow and light but the Angel can't get to it. It's an old trick Discus Breeders use to allow the parents to fan their eggs but not be able to eat them. ;) Once the plant takes root, you just remove the screen. (y)

Back
Top Bottom