Another Go at live plants!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welsh said:
I went by your method but as my tank is 12UK gallons I added another 4 drops to your 12; only time will tell whether this makes a difference or whether i'm destined for fake plants haha

How many times do I dose the tank with flourish comprehensive?

I still have to find some fast growing, low light plants too. At the moment I have very slow growing plants other than the Alternanthera - which i mistook for ludwigia before and I'm very impatient so can't wait for these plants to fill in the tank haha

I prefer to under than over dose, and I add it once or twice a week, depending on how my plants are looking.

Here's a great info website on plants which is broken down in lighting requirements: www.plantgeek.net

Another question - The narrow leaf java fern came in a reasonable clump, I removed most of the paper stuff around the roots and then attached it to my driftwood; I didn't separate any of the plant so its still in the shape I bought it in, will it be ok or will it rot? As you can tell.... paranoid about killing the plants haha

Welsh said:
Another question - The narrow leaf java fern came in a reasonable clump, I removed most of the paper stuff around the roots and then attached it to my driftwood; I didn't separate any of the plant so its still in the shape I bought it in, will it be ok or will it rot? As you can tell.... paranoid about killing the plants haha

My java fern does really well attached to DW and propagates all over it. Not sure what the narrow leaf is like but look it up on plantgeek and it'll have more info.

Welsh said:

It will be fine. My narrow leaf did great. They will sprout from under the leafs or near the roots! Weird plant but they don't need much care at all. They are slow growing plant. And they take nutrient from the water column! Good luck

Thanks for all your help :) I bought 2 elodea densa's today so I'm hoping these do well and I'm planning on picking up a huge moneywort plant I saw and then a lot of anubias as these are cheap as chips around here and the only thing I can keep alive - touch wood I don't jinx myself now haha I'm hoping to upgrade my bulb to a daylight bulb too but i'm not sure whether it will make much of a difference lol. I guess i'll won't know unless I try haha

Back
Top Bottom