Another Plant ID Request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeanMurphy

Aquarium Advice Activist
New Plant

I bought this plant, labelled only as "Plant Carpet" at a lfs. Since I'm sure that's not the official name, I was wondering if anyone knew what it was, so I could look up care and feeding.

It was growing in a mat, with short roots holding the gravel substrate. I picked most of the gravel out and tried to wiggle the roots down into my sand, placed a root tab under it and put a couple little river rocks on it to hold it down to the substrate.

The nutrients shouldn't be terribly hard to supply.. My lighting is medium to medium high at best. I got it on a whim since it was cheap. We'll see how it does.

I can't be sure from that pic but I am leaning away from the glosso id.

Can you get a closer shot?

If you click the "Download Photo" link, it gives you a full sized (2576x1932px) image. The plant more than fills my screen at that point, I'm not getting much closer without being IN the tank. :)

Ahh.......didn't notice the d/l photo link. Sorry.

But I'm still unsure of what it is.
I can say for sure that the leaves are certainly longer and not as rounded as my glosso.

glitch-8-18-06-26.JPG

WaterPond said:
My glosso grows in a bit lower light (2.7wpg) and it has longer leaves. Maybe it looks differnet from yours because you have very high light?

That very well may be......I can't say that I have experience growing it in lower light levels.

I'd suspect that might be the case. My moneywort has been growing longer leaves at the tips where the new growth is vs the rounder leaves at the bottom from the old growth at the lfs. This carpet was in a low light tank when I found it, kind of just tossed there with a bunch of moss balls and a few straggly guppies. I suspect the leaves will perk up a bit in my tank, but not get as round and thick looking as yours, Glitch.

Back
Top Bottom