Another tank journal. 55g Planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goatnad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
here is a tank ive had setup for at least 6 months. its fully grown in. its a 55g corner bowfront tank.

filter: 75g powerhead with homemade prefilter
lights: 4 13w 5000k led bulbs from lowe's
co2: prebuilt diy co2 from ebay
substrate: organic potting soil capped with black diamond sand blasting material
plants:
bacopa carolinia
dwarf hair grass
staurogyne repens
myrio filigree
alternanthera reineckii cardinalis
rotala rotundifolia
green cabomba
lobelia cardinalis
myriophyllum tuberculatum
anubias nana petite
pogostemon erectus

fish:
red flame dwarf gourami
serpae tetras
white cloud mountain minnows
1 neon tetra

SvA0Hls.jpg

Very nice. I have a similar setup with dwarf hair grass but instead of rotala rotundifolia I have rotala wallichii. Did you encounter any algae issues with this setup?

Very nice. I have a similar setup with dwarf hair grass but instead of rotala rotundifolia I have rotala wallichii. Did you encounter any algae issues with this setup?

Thank you very much. Yes i do have algae issues. The snails do an amazing job at keeping it off the glass and plants but the rock in the middle stays covered in it. I also have to do a 50% water change every 3 days or it starts to become very green. I haven't had any issues with algaes like hair algae or blackbeard though. Im pretty sure its being caused by the lights im using. Its really hard to find lights for this tank that give good enough coverage to grow plants all over.

Back
Top Bottom