Anubias attached to driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YuccaPatrol

Aquarium Advice Activist
I keep reading that people attach anubias to driftwood. I have recently split a large anubias and tied some pieces to my driftwood.

Can I expect it to actually root itself to the driftwood, or is it going to require being tied on for life?

Should I cut the roots back from what it had originally to encourage it to make new roots that will attach to the driftwood?

This large anubias had been anchored to the substrate by keeping the rhizome/stem above the substrate and the rock-wool and roots underneath. It grew great for 2 years that way but definitely outgrew its rockwool.

Maybe a photo would be best, but I can't take one until tonight.

The roots will eventually grab onto the driftwood. but anubias are slow growers, so it could take a couple months.

Mine grabbed on within a week.. but I've got some unusually fast growth for anubias (5-6 leaves per plant per week, so about 40 Leaves a week)..

I just left it tied, even tho it grabbed on I used some black nylon stuff my daughter had for making bracelets.. you can't even see it.

Back
Top Bottom