Anubias Plant Getting Holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lights? Exact make / model / spectrum.
Tank Height?
Fertilizer?
Fish Load?

Anubias are generally low demanding, but they still require light and nutrients. Don't plant them into the substrate either, the rhizome will rot and kill the plant. Instead, wedge them between rocks / wood and let the roots grow into the substrate by themselves.

Okay let's see here.
Lights: ZooMed F15T8; 5500k
Tank Height: 21"
Fertilizer: None given.
Fish Load: 3 fish, more are planned.

The thing is they've been planted like this for a while and have done well until now, is it because the rhizome in finally experiencing those effects?

Also, on both plants this has only happened on 1 leaf.

Okay let's see here.
Lights: ZooMed F15T8; 5500k
Tank Height: 21"
Fertilizer: None given.
Fish Load: 3 fish, more are planned.

The thing is they've been planted like this for a while and have done well until now, is it because the rhizome in finally experiencing those effects?

Also, on both plants this has only happened on 1 leaf.

Anubias are fine in limited light, but in your case it might be not enough light.

15W of LED over a 21" tall tank is very very low light.

Fish can provide enough nutrients for anubias to grow, especially in a low light tank, but not sure 3 fish are producing enough.

I would remove it from the substrate, this could be a reason as to why it is showing some symptoms.

Anubias are fine in limited light, but in your case it might be not enough light.

15W of LED over a 21" tall tank is very very low light.

Fish can provide enough nutrients for anubias to grow, especially in a low light tank, but not sure 3 fish are producing enough.

I would remove it from the substrate, this could be a reason as to why it is showing some symptoms.
Okay, I'll try it and see what happens. This tank is also by a window (I know, not the best) but it receives a fair amount of sunlight from that too.

Any light will help ;)

I would definitely pull it up above the substrate though.
Alright great. Thanks for the help!
One more thing lol, can I pull it up just enough that the rhizome is above the gravel but the roots are in it?

Alright great. Thanks for the help!
One more thing lol, can I pull it up just enough that the rhizome is above the gravel but the roots are in it?

Yes that will work very well.

I usually wedge them into the base of a rock and let the roots grow into the substrate, so if yours are already grown into the substrate, just gently pull the rhizome up and let the roots stay under the substrate.

Back
Top Bottom