Anubias rhizome rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela1108

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of my anubias is having some issues. :( the rhizome looks like it is rotting away :(

So it is in my 55g. Ammonia and nitrite 0. Nitrate was 30 and ph 7.4

I use the seachem flourish root tabs. The package says replace every 3 months. It hadn't quite been that long but I added another one just in case

Has anyone dealt with this? Should I take a razor and cut off the rotten part in hopes that it doesn't spread? The leaves and roots that I can see look great. Not dis colored or droopy or anything so I am sort of stumped. I am sort dl wondering if a pleco or clown loach nibbled on the end and this is what started it. I've googled it. It seems pretty common but no one really seems to have any posts about saving/reviving.

Thanks ahead of time guys

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't know much about anubiases (anubii?) but if part is truly rotten then it won't grow back.

This happened to me. I removed the rotting part and the healthy part was able to recover. Its borderline TOO big now. I couldn't tell you what caused the issue in the first place though.

Anubias will melt if you put the rhizome in the gravel. DO NOT BURY THE RHIZOME. if it's not then maybe your lighting is a little low (which would be strange because Anubias is a low light plant). Also, what are you dosing?

The rhizome is out- just the roots are in the gravel.

I use the seachem flourish tabs. I pretty much put one under each of them.

They were fine for a few months then all of a sudden one has this happening.

I didn't think it would be lights since it is def a low light plant. I have new lights that are on their way should be here either tomorrow or Friday so if it is the lights that should help.

Tomorrow when I get a minute I am going to trim the rotting parts then to see if that helps.

Thanks for the input/ideas guys

Back
Top Bottom