Any experience with any of these 3 plants..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

webmoose

Aquarium Advice Addict
Crinum calamistratum - I assume it is very high light / sensitive plant.. Anyone have success / experience with this plant they can share with me?

Bacopa monnieri - I've had success with Bacopa in the past is this an easy variety? Do the leaves stay small?

Rotala rotundifolia - Looks really nice but the plant I saw has tiny leaves. .Does it look nice with the bigger leaves?

Let me know if you recommend any of the above 3 plants or if you recommend against them etc.. I was thinking of picking some of them up.

I have 60 Gallon / medium lighting / planted community tank / no CO2 / All my plants that I do have are very happy....

Moose

The leaves on the B. monneri do stay small. The R. rotundfolia will grow bigger leaves with higher lighting. They will also turn red. Never had the C. calamistratum so I can't give any first hand exp with it.

I just received some R. rotundifolia and mine has very small leaves, but the new growth has a maroon tinge to it. I have it under 4.7wpg and CO2, so I am interested to see if the leaves grow larger.

BTW, I think the tiny leaves on a stem plant make a marvelous contrast to the larger-leaved plants many of us grow, so to me it is a very nice addition.

C. calamistratum is really not a very demanding plant. It does well under even medium light and is a slow-grower in general. It is a bit delicate, with fairly brittle leaves that will break if handled roughly or kept with large boisterous fish. It does not require CO2 but will benefit from its addition. A very unique looking plant when it gets large :)

R. rotundifolia is a very robust and fast-growing plant that requires at least medium light to do well. It will grow without CO2 but does best with it. The tips will blush red as it nears the light, especially under bright lighting. Trimming the tips will encourage bushier growth and allow you to sculpt its appearance. Quite easy to keep compared to most of the other species in the Rotala genus.

Thanks for the replies.. I broke down and bought all three and threw them in the front of the tank so I can keep my eye on them....

I will let you know how they all do...

Moose

Back
Top Bottom