Any further recommendations to my plan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryguy76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

So I'm going to be starting a 6g Fluval Edge soon, and I'm trying to do as much info gathering and research before I start. What I know at this point is u don't want to get too involved and like to keep it relatively simple with respect to co2 and crazy dosing. I will have LED lights, but am not after keeping anything that requires lots of maintenance, plant-wise. I'd like a nicely scaped, low maintenance setup that has several plants and a driftwood / rock feature.

My plan is to start with the plants first and get them established, then do a fishless cycle and begin adding inhabitants until I have a small school of celestial danios and a few types of shrimp and a few snails.

I'm planning on something like seachem fluorite or something similar. I know I'll need some flourish and flourish excel, but what else will be needed to provide a low tech solution to algae control and overall success?

Can you recommend any specific plants, foreground, mid ground and background, that will be good for this specific size and gameplan of this tank?

I really don't mind being pointed in the right direction for self research, but I'd appreciate help focusing what specifically I should be reading for this particular setup. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom