anyone in orange county?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garganoth

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to set up a planted tank and live in Orange, CA 92866 I was wondering if anyone lives in this area and knows of any good lfs that has a good plant selection. The ones I have gone to have a one small tank and seem to not really care that much about it.

Thanks!

I don't mind driving to LA for fish stuff : ) I've never really bought anything live online. Plus I travel at times for work and don't want packages sitting. Any good shops in LA you could recommend?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I heard Damian's tropical fish is a good one but I personally haven't gone there. I go to underwater depot which is more north Hollywood/ sherman oaks. Awesome place with hard to find fish and some harder to find plants at times. What plants you looking for? The lame part is usually the family owned ones are smaller and less of a selection around here.

I'm kind of looking for a mix...moss/red colored/ floating...little bit of everything.

I know underwater depot has Christmas, java and flame moss. As far as floating I don't remember if they have any but they do have red rotala red swords and tiger lotus'

Cool thanks ill have to make a trip then.

Go to Nature Aquarium in Santa Monica. It's by far the best planted tank aquarium store I've seen in So Cal... AFA in SF is the only one that tops it in Cali, IMO.

Yeah it's a small place but every part of that store has a lot of goodies for planted tank hobbyists. Think of it as an extension of AFA (aqua forest aquarium in SF). It's owned and ran by this Japanese guy that reminds me of the Mr. Miyagi of planted tanks...lol

His name is Toru (sp?)... really nice guy with lots of knowledge.

Lots of ADA, and other rimless brand stuff too. Layout material like stones (i.e. Seiryu) and gnarly driftwood (ADA style). Aqua Soil substrate... etc.

Here's some pics I took last time I was there. Awesome display tanks.

Attachments

• 1397209632332.jpg
    1397209632332.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 53
Yeah it's a small place but every part of that store has a lot of goodies for planted tank hobbyists. Think of it as an extension of AFA (aqua forest aquarium in SF). It's owned and ran by this Japanese guy that reminds me of the Mr. Miyagi of planted tanks...lol

His name is Toru (sp?)... really nice guy with lots of knowledge.

Lots of ADA, and other rimless brand stuff too. Layout material like stones (i.e. Seiryu) and gnarly driftwood (ADA style). Aqua Soil substrate... etc.

Here's some pics I took last time I was there. Awesome display tanks.

Wow that's awesome thanks!

Back
Top Bottom