Aponogeton bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clint252010

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have tried those stupid little aponogeton bulbs from walmart in the past and they never did anything but rot. I also had a smaller tank then.

So I got a bigger tank with better light and decided to try them again. I had four bulbs one got thrown away, two arent really doing anything and one looked like it was sprouting.

The one that was sprouting had a small white sprout just barely poking from the top. Well my catfish keeps digging them up and moving the bulbs around so today I went to go move the sprouting one back in place and I accidently BROKE THE LITTLE WHITE SPROUT OFF!!!!! It wasnt very big only like maybe a 16th of and inch.

Is there still hope for it or did I kill it?

I had that happen, it will probably be ok. Give it another week or so. I pick out the heaviest pack of bulbs. if they feel light the're old!

Yeah those first bulbs I tried a while back were kinda light and looked crappy and old. The ones i got this time were heavier and also nice and plump with a good healthy wood color.

i have had the best luck just tossing them in the tank. wait until they sprout a little before you try to plant them. i prob have 150 bulbs here now and thats what i have done to all of them. so far so good.

Yeah the other two still don't look like they are doing anything, but the one resprouted within a couple days now it's got a long green stalk starting to grow and form.

Back
Top Bottom