Aponogeton help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stingray68

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to my LFS to get a lace java fern but they were all out so in stead I got Aponogeton( have no idea what kind). The lady that sold them to me seemed like she didn't really know what she was doing so she gave me four total on accident. Two of the bulbs were baby's off of the two mother plants. I was wondering how deep I should plant the bulb? And if I don't want some what should I do with them?

Well are they already sprouting? If so, apongetons anchor themselves. So just put them in the spot you want them and they'll grow.

Yes the 2 mother plants are over a foot tall so right now they are just floating in the tank but the babys are about 4 inches tall

I have planted the baby's and yes they do have roots but I only have a 10 gallon so I don't want 4 because they would take up over half the tank what should I do with the extra?

Stingray68 said:
I have planted the baby's and yes they do have roots but I only have a 10 gallon so I don't want 4 because they would take up over half the tank what should I do with the extra?

Well can you take a pic? And I also have a 10 gallon with an adult apongeton and a baby one that you can't see. I would give it away if you dont want it.

image-2423125577.jpg

Well it depends on the type of apongeton. Some grow slowly. I know I said give them away but now I'm thinking keep all of them. Put up a pick of the mother. :)

This is them before I separated them

Attachments

• image-3080962317.jpg
    image-3080962317.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 55
  • image-2538850066.jpg
    image-2538850066.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 55
To the point where the roots are covered with gravel. I'm kinda going through the same thing as you cause we both have a same size tank with apongeton. But the thing is is that I raised mine since they were bulbs and they just rooted themselves. And if you have a ten gallon then the gravel shouldnt be too deep. So just burry them till the roots are covered.

Back
Top Bottom