Aquarium co2 problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi every one

I am getting an other problem from this aquarium, the ph from my co2 is not getting lower then 6.8. Adding 5 bubbles a second make it go lower then 6.8, but who would do that. Am i saturated in co2? or something else is going on?

aquarium info
no wave on top
not a lot of plants
initial ph from aquarium is 7
IMG_20130907_163519.jpg

What is the kH of your tank? If you are using co2 without a drop checker this is really a number that you need to keep an eye on as it will help you figure out how much co2 is in the tank.

Why do you want it lower than 6.8?

Aquarium plants and algae show signs of deficiency.
This aquarium never function, its been years.

dont you have a PH controller hooked up on there? its at 6.8

Thank you, I will start a new thread tonight for this aquarium about its problems. For now, I am wondering what can stop co2 from lowering the pH.

I have started using filtered water 18 gallons. Is it possible they use something that inhibit the pH from dropping.

Or maybe pH is harder to lower if you have too little or too much of something.

Thank you, I will start a new thread tonight for this aquarium about its problems. For now, I am wondering what can stop co2 from lowering the pH.

I have started using filtered water 18 gallons. Is it possible they use something that inhibit the pH from dropping.

Or maybe pH is harder to lower if you have too little or too much of something.

My fault,
I did not think about the probe itself. Its finish. I did verify the probe in the aquarium last month, but when i check from my new hand probe, its was fluctuating at 6.6 and 6.8. I fond from deduction, the fluctuation was from the heater, maybe a leak or its design(crappy and expensive desing)
So most likely, the heater damage the probe.
IMG_20130907_215924.jpg

I have a problem
Actually a just try a glass heater.
It doing the same thing to my hand held probe.
Fluctuating around .18 ph.
I have to unplug it and test the ph after 10 sec or else, even unplug it will be fluctuating.

What can cause that to happen?

Back
Top Bottom