Aquarium glue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sk3lly

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im going to drill out a small hole in my driftwood so that i can glue a magnet into the recess. Im then going to hang the driftwood on my aquarium wall using a magnet on the other side of the glass. I will then be tying fissedens moss to it. Any ideas what glue i could use?

Great idea! Use 100% silicone, GE. Makes it, no mildew or mold additives..

Maybe, I'd think so anyways, just make sure it's 100% with no additives!

Super glue will also work, just let it cure for 24 hours.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Super glue will also work, just let it cure for 24 hours.

If you use superglue, use the gel kind. It doesn't have to cure for 24 hours. As soon as the surface dries, drop it in the tank and tour good.

I did the same thing with a suction cup and driftwood. I filled the hole with gel super glue. I let it dry for 24 hours to be sure it was stuck. It has held up for the past few months.

Well i went with the glue and suction cup method. Let it cure for two days out of water. This is what im left with ...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394208627.859702.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394208644.259370.jpg
Now waiting for my moss to arrive

FYI- little dabs of super glue works just as good if not better on attaching your moss.

Tweezers are a must. Lol. The good thing is that you don't get strays floating away. When using fish line you always get stragglers. Looks good!

I used super glue for my new moss wall and it was a pain. I had moss glued to my fingers. LOL I found that the end of a pair of tweezers helped a lot. Less glue on me. I tried the tie down method and have not had a lot of luck with it.

I used super glue for my new moss wall and it was a pain. I had moss glued to my fingers. LOL I found that the end of a pair of tweezers helped a lot. Less glue on me. I tried the tie down method and have not had a lot of luck with it.

Yea i've spent a long time today using fishing line to tie on my tiny amounts of fissedens fontanus moss. Will look really good i think once it grows in. Although i think fissedens is a very slow grower

For a moss wall use crochet screen and sandwich two sides together and tie the edges with fish line

Is that carpet dwarf sag?

Back
Top Bottom