Aquascape ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbuck

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone I am going to be moving in the near future so am considering going for a proper hardcore aquascape (seeing as I am moving seems like the prime opportunity to scape the tank ;).) I have a 180litre tank and am thinking of doing a kind of Africa plains. I don't have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to the most effective plants for the job so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I want to have a sandy substrate covered in a grass of sorts and I have seen on google people making trees out of driftwood placed upright and then a moss placed over the top. I am desperate to try this and was thinking of having one at each end of the tank. In the centre I want to have a rock feature that will kind of look like pride rock out of the lion king (best way I could describe it. ) this idea is very early concept and I know it will take a lot of work but I think it would look awesome. Another problem I may have to overcome is if my current setup will be good enough for the plants I will be growing. I Have a low tech set up. No CO2 and 2 45w t5 one nature and one day. I am willing to change this if the plants need it but as I don't know what plants will best suit my vision again any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for the advice I will check that out when I have time to scour all them pages

i have done some research and think either dwarf hair grass or micro sword would work well as the grass that will cover the foreground. i am however struggling to find the right moss to replicate tree leaves. the best i have found so far is christmas moss but i am worried this will look too evergreen. although i am wondering if dwarf baby tears would work. i dont know if they will be ok not being rooted in a substrate

Back
Top Bottom