Aquascape substrate help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyMonk86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have Carib Sea Eco Complete and black sand and emerald green "cory" and false julii corry. I bought one divider and I have saved the plastic divider inserts from packages of divided cookies. I was going to do a right side of Eco and a left side of sand. But, now I have read, the slope should be front to back. However, I think the cory will hide in the back and get hurt on the Eco Complete. How deep do corry dig? Can I just Eco complete the whole tank sloping forward and layer the sand sloping forward over that. Or will they end up mixing and hurting the corry?

Very confused right now and have procrastinated too long on setting up this tank. ( shellfish allergy/ possible cross allergy to mollusks set me weeks behind b/c I had to strip holding tank, disinfect, dip and quarantine all plants after adding a plant that had undetected snails and/ or eggs)

Eco-Complete doesn't hurt Corys. I have a 20 Long that is 100% Eco-Complete substrate and 7 Panda Corys that are doing fine.

However, if you're still convinced that its harmful, then I'm sure a sand cap would be fine.... An inch would suffice I think.

Thank you so much!!! I'm so grateful!!! These fish just get into your heart and you're just so scared you'll harm them. I got both the Eco & the sand, so yes, I'll do like you suggested and not worry.

Back
Top Bottom