Aquatek Regulator Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rduhb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm having an issue with my Aquatek regulator. It's connected to my Apex and I have it setup to operate on/off based on the pH. It's been in service for a week and has been working great, but now it’s not shutting off. I unplugged the solenoid and it’s still running. I was finally able to get it to stop by continually toggling the outlet on/off. It’s plugged into the Apex outlet controlled by mechanical relays. The solenoid works best in this outlet because of its low power requirement. I disassembled and cleaned the solenoid per Aquatek’s instructions, but’s it is still not shutting off. There is no audible click from the solenoid. Has anyone else had an issue with Aquatek’s regulators? I’ve contacted Aquatek, but I’m not expecting much in terms of warranty. Although I’ve only used it for a week, I bought it last October. I’m wondering if I should replace the solenoid or go with another brand regulator entirely. Any feedback is appreciated.

1st of all a solenoid is electrical, and controls a valve for on or off.

a regulator is usually purely mechanical and requires mechanical adjustment to reduce the pressure from tank PSI to a lower more usable pressure (PSI)

SO if I understand you correctly you remove power completely from the solenoid and its still runs as if it was powered on.

I would say the valve itself, that is what the solenoid connects to is bad (not the regulator) and needs to be replaced.

Now if a solenoid is rated for low power and you apply the wrong power to it you can cause it to fry.. OS make sure the power ratings are 100% correct

s-l1600.jpg

So the only part that would be bad in the case of the photo above and IN MY OPINION is the aluminum bodied valve sandwich between all that brass

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom