Aquavitro by Seachem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daxhua

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone tried the the aquavitro plant additives?
What were your results?
I've only tried the bottle called Synthesis to raise my nitrate level and to help my swords with what I think may be suffering from nitrogen deficiency. It worked in raising my nitrate level but the older leaves on my swords still look a little yellowish or discolored so next is a potasium additive. I would like to try the the one called Activate which Seachem says is a potasium addivtive but I really want to hear more from others about the aquavitro line before I go buying them.

Once the plants have begin cannibalizing their nitrogen, the leaves may or may not return to their former glory.

Here's the skinny on these, and really ALL liquid ferts. Seachem says that this is a concentrated solution of 32000 ppm nitrogen (equivalent to 128000 ppm nitrate). In a 350 mL bottle (the size they sell), you will need about 44.8 grams of KNO3. At the going rate of KNO3 at $3/pound, it would have costed you ~29 cents to make the saaaaame thing (or at least an equivalent solution). Seachem's price: $8, a nice 2700% markup. Phosphate is probably similarly priced. Also, KNO3 comes with potassium.

Wow! You really did da math. What rip!
So your saying I can make my own liquid fertilizer?
I probably could but I am little lazy and chemistry is definitely not my best subject. One of the reasons why I think products like this are overpriced and why people (like me) buy it rather than make it is the convenience factor.
Thanks for the great info, I'd still like to know other peoples opinions about this line of products.

When you say "leaves may or may not return to their former glory" are talking about the older leaves with nitrogen deficiency or any new growth?

Back
Top Bottom