Are moss column feeders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMac2020

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,

I always wonder if mosses are Column feeders.
I have a few question that I was wanting to ask.
I have liquid ferts and I was wondering if it would promotes growths like Christmas moss, Taiwan, peacock, etc?
How do you keep them so clean and green?
Do they do well in highlight tanks?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi guys,

I always wonder if mosses are Column feeders.
I have a few question that I was wanting to ask.
I have liquid ferts and I was wondering if it would promotes growths like Christmas moss, Taiwan, peacock, etc?
How do you keep them so clean and green?
Do they do well in highlight tanks?

Thanks

Hi!

Mosses do indeed obtain their nutrients via the water column. Any sort of balanced fert regiment will certainly aid growth, and many commercial liquid fertilizers will help with that. What sort of liquid ferts do you have currently?

How do you keep mosses clean and green? Good water flow, good access to an appropriate amount of light, and adequate fertilization. Pressurized CO2 injection will also help immensely but is not required. Mosses will do very well in high light tanks provided their is an appropriate balance of light, ferts, and CO2 supplementation (otherwise they can turn into algae magnets!).

Sent from my iPad using science

I use a PPS-Pro ferts from green leaf aquariums. And my tank is a high light tank with Finnex planted+ 36" on a 10" tall tank. I'm not having luck with moss. It takes forever and then to have bad Algae or waste on it

Any co2 injection and/or Excel too? How's the water flow in the tank?

I have pressurized co2, flow is good I have a 406 Fluval canister filter. Lol on a 12 gallon tank.

Shrimp!

I also do excel sometimes overdose a bit and sometimes on specific doesage

Shrimp!

Sounds like a good set up and yeah you seem good on flow with that 406 haha! Is it a 12 long? Do you use a drop checker and are you at a nice like green color when lights come on? What's the length of your photo period? Would you say you're heavy, light, or in between in terms of plant mass?

Yes. It is mr. Aqua 12 gallon long. I say when the light is on its green. I don't know about heavy light etc. but people on the this forum told me with the lighting I'm having and the tank it is suitable for high light plants/carpet but I don't have luck on it either.

Shrimp!

Back
Top Bottom