Are there any steps to switch Water Sprite from planted to floating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eco23

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it as easy as pulling it out of the gravel and letting it float at the top, or do I need to make any changes to the roots, stems, etc...?

Thanks!

I found one leaf floating will turn into a plant is a few short weeks. You can either take off a leaf or uproot the plant I prefer to use just a leaf or the first couple leaves to start with.

just let it float. With mine I have more issues trying to keep it planted, so the opposite problem lol.

I noticed oak leaf watersprite is the one that floats like crazy, the cut leaf kind isn't as bad.

Thanks guys. I'm not sure what type of Water Sprite it is. You can kind of see in the back left of the picture (the short spriggy things I found out are non-aquatic and are out of the tank).

I just pulled about 25% off roots and all and it's floating around. Do you usually anchor it in any way or just let it float around and do it thing?

Since leaves will basically turn into plants...is it better to actually pull it apart or leave it as a single complete plant?

Sorry, newbie with planted tanks :)

Attachments

• Upload 171.jpg
    Upload 171.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 113
It's your call, wisteria does the same thing, an individual leaf will start to sprout roots on it.

I just let mine float, i treat it the same way i treat water lettuce, duckweed, etc.

Back
Top Bottom