As it seems that there are lots of folks that dont want Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deliverme314

Aquarium Advice Regular
Lets start a list of plants that do not require Co2 injection for good growth... also might as well include low light hardy plants in here... lets say require less than 2 WPG.

All Anubias Species do fine in low light and no Co2. Dark green leafy very slow groth attaches to driftwood well. Beautiful plant.

Marsilea Quadrifolia. Hardy ground cover that looks sorta like clover. I think its beautiful will do fine without Co2 and in low light conditions however it will grow faster and fuller with higher light and Co2. But for the guy who wants a nice ground spread and doesnt have the lighting/Co2 which most require this is probobly the best choice...

I will add more as I think of them and of course your additions would be appreciated... if this thread has been started I apologize for the redundancy.

You must have been reading my posts

You have described and solved my dilema all in one thread. :D

I want to have a fair number of cichlids but am very limited on light - unless you include natural, which I can almost completely block out with plantation blinds or have in abundance for most of the day.

Thank you!!!!

Many cichlids cannot be kept with plants, as they either munch on them or they uproot them with digging. Try anubias or java fern, which does not have to be planted in the substrate.

Heh, Java fern. I have some in my angelfish/clown loach/plec tank. I added it because everyone was chewing up my Amazons, and I figured I needed a plant which they wouldn't eat. Someone forgot to tell my guys they don't eat Java fern tho; there are loach size holes in the leaves, the plec has been desperately trying to pull them off the string I used to attach it the driftwood and I keep catching the angels picking at it. And not like there isn't enough greenery in their diet! This is a tank which gets algae wafers everyday as well as zucchini and cukes once in a while.

Bastards LOL

WHat kind of chiclds? South American or african? In an african chiclid tank I have seen Vals work well, crypts, ferns, anubias... Im sure there are others... I will ask som ebudies who keep A.Cichlids. If its S.A. Cichlids you should be fine with any and all plants. I have never had a prob with any I have owned. Well... my rams nip plants a little... but VERY little... more like a little munch than anything:D

If its S.A. Cichlids you should be fine with any and all plants.

Say what? Try keeping plants with Oscars or Firemouths! You will have Shredded plants in short order!

Back
Top Bottom