Asian Ambulia (Limnophila sessiliflora) questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neilanh

Sliced Bread
Got this asian ambula (Limnophila sessiliflora) from Devilishturtles a few weeks ago. It was hot, and didn't ship great, but it has really recovered nicely and is growing like mad now.

My question is about the spacing between the leaves. What causes the length here? I thought plants, generally speaking, would grow taller and with more length in between the nodes (or whatever) if there wasnt enough light, but I've got over 3WPG in this tank. Any ideas?

Not so good pic below. Don't notice the cloudy water, that just happened today out of nowhere and I'll figure that out later.

DSC03490.JPG

I have found the opposite to be true of this plant - in high light, there is a lot more spacing between the nodes. In low light, it has much shorter nodes and looks very bushy. I think both forms are attractive.

In low light for me it grew very close together, but wasn;t very bushy

In medium light i found it grew like yours is growing right now

In high light i found it grew very close together and very bushy. The whole plant also turned pink for a while.

I like the shorter distance between the nodes look. Maybe I'll try to put some clipping in some "shade" and see how it does.

Back
Top Bottom