Assassin snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mayoshow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 assassin snails. They have killed all the problem snails I had that are of any size. Now, they have been stuck together for about 3 weeks. They move about some, but they are attached together constantly. Can anyone say what's going on here? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1470158608.035677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

well if you def dont have any snails in the tank and its really hard to sex them they could be trying to eat each other its what they do at point of no food left

they do on the other hand eat any left over food or algae but they prefer live food like helpless fry , snails, fish eggs

if anything i would get a breeding tank buy some plants and hope they got snails in it

i know cause i had 4 till one day they felt so dumb they couldnt find a suitable snail to eat cause they are shy about eating another snail thats 3x or more of its size
so one ate the other and later on i am guessing out of revenge another came by and finished the hit..

so i got two left and they go hunt when the lights are off..

your best bet when getting these type of snails is to make sure you have spare snails to breed that way you always have more..

Thanks for that advice! They did separate a couple days ago but have gotten back together again. Both snails are still alive! I have some snails in another tank I can throw in there, but there are still a good number of small snails in their tank. But I see those snails crawl right across them both and they don't react at all.

They know they are epic. Why stop for pedestrians.

Back
Top Bottom