atomic c02 diffuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sam

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm thinking about ordering the atomic c02 deffuser by GLA. I did some research on it on line and got mixed reviews. On one blog it said it works great but on another it said yes it works great but it makes your tank cloudy. My question is does anybody have one and what do you think about. Should I or shouldn't I get one

I've used one before. It was a good and effective experience. The major down side is that it releases a 'fog' of CO2. It will make your tank looks like 7-up or alka-seltzer, but with micro bubbles. Some people don't like it, some people like. It's a matter of personal opinion in the end.

Ive been wondering this to. Ive heard its dissolves the co2 better, but unsightly especially compared to a fancy class diffuser

I have the 75mm size in a 90G tank. It does give off plenty of microbubbles but that is what I wanted. I have nice circulation in the tank with a hydro 425gph power head on each end wall and my fluval 406 output helping to stir the pot as well.

On that point, the microbubbles are great for visualizing your flow. You can see exactly how much flow you have where by watching the bubbles.

I use the smallest one with the check valve on a 10g tank with the Atomic paintball regulator and I don't get a "fog". I like it so far, it does as intended, but I've never tried any other method. I only use 1 bubble per second though.

Back
Top Bottom