Automatic co2 systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerebpa12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm getting back into keeping an aquarium and have questions on co2 systems. I have a 125g tank that has been set up for a few weeks with about ten plants. I have a light fixture with 6 t5 ho bulbs that was used for hydroponics, a fluval canister filter ect. I am looking for co2 injection. I do have a co2 tank and regulator w/o electronic valve and am either looking to make a set up or buy a nice one. I saw drs fosters automatic system with reactor and was intrigued. What do you prefer diffuser or reactor, and do you think this system it overkill and I should just get a electro valve, bubble counter, fine tune regulator and bubble counter. I currently only have 10 plants but am getting more every week. thanks

Hi power,
Consistent CO2 levels at the same time of day and at the same ppm every day is key to an algae free tank with CO2. Diffusor or reactor? Both work well it's what you want to show in the tank. Reactor is probably a little more efficient but involves more plumbing work. Absolutely need a bubble counter and good needle valve so you can measure and adjust dosing rate. The electronic valve aka, solenoid controls the start and stop of the system when hook to a timer. This gives consistent dosing period and reduces the risk of gassing your fish. Running CO2 when the lights are off is a waste of CO2 as the plants won't use it then. Another valuable monitoring tool is a drop checker. Hope this helps. Good luck. OS.

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of getting a reactor, solenoid, bubble counter and needle valve. I have a fluval fx6 and will try to tie the reactor into it. I will have to order online the parts bc no LFS carries any of this or my try a local industry supply for solenoid and bubble counter.

You'll probably have to plumb a bypass for your reactor because the FX6 pushes an insane amount of flow

Back
Top Bottom