baby Amazon Swords??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hello all,

Have a question about how Amazon Swords reproduce. I have one that is putting off a shoot that appears to be babies or possibly flowering?

Best way to decribe it is like the common house plant, "airplane plant / spyder plant", that has plantlettes comming from the mother plant.

If these are babies. Can I simply cut them from the mother and place them in the substrate to form roots?

Thanks

Yes, they are babies, but make sure you dont cut them untill they have 4-6 leaves and a decent root system. And they could flower if you allow them to grow out of the water.

That is a great article. Thanks for shareing it. The baby swords have 6 or more leafs, but they don't seam to have a root system yet. I was going to do some plant trimming tomorrow and seperate some java fern babies. Looks like I will hold off and wait for the baby amazons to get better roots before doing a little aquascaping.

This is my first attempt at a planted tank. It's certainly nice to see everything thriving :)

Back
Top Bottom