bacopa caroliniana?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55 gallon and I have the marinland double bright LED's as well as two 15watt flourescent strips. All my plants are doing well, I have crypts, dwarf sag, wisteria, anubias. I do not run CO2. Also gets natural sunlight from the window in my dining room during the day.

I am keeping my eyes open for plants at the local pet stores and they don't have much variety but I did see some bacopa caroliniana and was wondering if it does as well as bacopa monnieri as I have had that in my 55 gallon in the past. I want some taller background plants and would like some input.
I do have wisteria but when it filled in the background it was eat too bushy so I wanted about 4 or 5 different plant varieties in the background. If I order online I can get whatever I want but shipping expensive so I want to make sure what I get will work. I was thinking of hygrophilia but I am not sure which kind would be best. I was also considering bacopa monnieri or caroliniana and maybe some jungle Val.

Any other ideas or suggestions? I am going to post a pic of my 55 gallon as well, I just have to go take one, lol. It looks pretty sparse because all the plants are spread out from when they were in the 29 gallon. Also I used to have a ton of wisteria but I gave a lot away and just have a few stems left growing out in my betta tanks and one small bunch in this tank, its too bushy and overshadows the other plants and also sucks up a lot of nitrate when its everywhere so I will keep it just in one corner.

Front view

ForumRunner_20120528_222559.jpg

Side view

ForumRunner_20120528_222624.jpg

Other side

ForumRunner_20120528_222654.jpg

And here is everything when it was in the 29 gallon. I like the look but want more background variety.

ForumRunner_20120528_222740.jpg

Back
Top Bottom