Bad Luck Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattyfelts

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I went to change my T8 bulb (18") on my 20 G. However, when i put the new bulb in.. The light wont turn on? I believe the conducting pins which make the light work are rusted. How could i go about fixing this!

You can buy replacement sockets at most hardware stores for a couple bucks. All you have to do is wire nut it to the existing wires, color- for-color. If that doesn't work, then the transformer is probably bad, and usually at that point it's cheaper to buy a new fixture

did u just buy it? can u return/get a replacement?
No its way old, my friend gave me it with the tank.
You can buy replacement sockets at most hardware stores for a couple bucks. All you have to do is wire nut it to the existing wires, color- for-color. If that doesn't work, then the transformer is probably bad, and usually at that point it's cheaper to buy a new fixture
Yeah i might just get a cheap light fixture from home hardware. However, i tried replacing the sockets and it did not work. I believe it is the transformer so i am using my moms desk lamp and praying my plants can survive. I know im getting a new tank at christmas so i guess i can only hope :(

Back
Top Bottom