Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Atl300zx
Baking Soda is working!!! pH is up to 5.5-5.8 range

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my pH problems.

For the past 2 weeks i dosed 1/2 tsp baking soda during water changes and now my pH is holding at 5.8 and with co2 i have gotten it down to 5.5 (as low as the pH controller goes).

I would like to get the pH a little higher and will up the baking soda dosing slowly to get it to the desired range. It was recommended i dose 1/4 tsp per 5 gallons of water changed (so about 1.25 tsp per 25 gallon water change since i have a 55 gallon tank). I am glad my tank is reacting, as the last time i added baking soda to the tank to raise the pH, the pH wasnt remaining at the new higher level throughout the week.

How quickly can i raise the baking soda dosing?

I am happy that i have some co2 flowing now, which i can already see the benefits in the reduction of algae on the glass.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com