Banana Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemurLad

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a couple banana plants from my LPS the other week and so far one has already shot up a new leaf. Gotta say they are very neat plants!

Does anyone else have them their tank? If so, post pics! I'm trying to get ideas on where to place them in my new tank. :D

~LL

background or mid ground depending on tank size or on the sides.

just a photo tank.
Banana%20Plant.JPG

I bought a couple banana plants from my LPS the other week and so far one has already shot up a new leaf. Gotta say they are very neat plants!

Does anyone else have them their tank? If so, post pics! I'm trying to get ideas on where to place them in my new tank. :D

~LL

Notice how they are supposed to be planted in the tank. Do not bury the cluster of "bananas" in the soil, at least not very deeply. A common mistake is to bury the cluster and this can starve the plant of nutrients. It is properly planted as pictured.

minus all the roots sticking out since i couldnt get them down in the substrate for the pic. lol

Mine seem to shoot up a leaf fairly quickly and then drop an old leaf right after.
Any explanation for that? o_O

Back
Top Bottom