Banana plants propagation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys my 2 plants in my 55 have shot off a fee leaves that have reached the top. How do I go about propagation this plant? Here are pics ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403672676.432353.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403672703.754624.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403672743.443654.jpg

They've shot out leaves to the surface because they aren't actually aquatic plants. No idea how to propagate them, but if you leave them completely submerged they die in a matter or weeks.

Banana plants are fine in your aquarium.They don't die if submerged. I have a few in mine, been around a few months now. No problems. Intriguing looking plant. When looked after it grows green vibrant leaves.

You propagate by cutting the tall stalk with the leaf on it about 4 inches from the leaf. Then just let it float at the top in full light. After a while the cut end will begin to grow roots. You can then insert the stalk roots into the substrate and it will grow more shoots.

Back
Top Bottom